Sacred Heart Shelter
Sacred Heart Shelter Breakfast Fundraiser
Upcoming date TBD
Many thanks to all who supported the SHS!
If you would like to make a donation, please click on the link below.
Located on lower Queen Anne, the Sacred Heart Shelter is a temaporary shelter that offers a safe, home-like refuge to homeless families in Seattle. The transition from homelessness to housed is one that takes time, effort, and perseverence. Sacred Heart Shelter operates as a support network for people as they go through that process.
The staff works with residents to develop goals, obtain health and dental care, job and parent training, childcare and ongoing support and assistance towards the ultimate goal of locating stable, permanent housing.
Ways to Get Involved
- Volunteer to make dinner at the shelter for the residents (this is a great way for your entire family to serve together) Sign Up Now
- Donate needed items for the shelter (dishes, silverware, bedding, towels, toiletries, toys, board-games, books for kids)
- Participate to theGiving Tree at St. Bridget; providing Christmas gifts to the residents
- Volunteer to serve at the annual Soup Line
- Note: Middle School and High School students may earn service hours by volunteering in any of the many ways.